Satellites made Marvin's day by signalling the presence of water on his barren red planet. With an adrenaline rush through his veins, he takes his sensors and instruments and steps out but oops! How does he get there? Images show coloured spots and some frequency generators on the way and for now, that seems to be his only clue. He looks back at you for help. Create an autonomous line follower which determines its course based on coloured checkpoints and frequency sources placed at different spots in this strange little place.
Build a fully autonomous bot based on line follower mechanism which can detect colours and sound frequencies. The arena consists of various color coded checkpoints and 2 sound sources placed perpendicular to each other to avoid interference.
The bot has to identify the color of the checkpoint. If the color is GREEN then the bot has to move in the direction from where the sound is coming and if the color is RED the bot has to move in the direction opposite to the direction of approaching sound wave.
RULES AND REGULATION
- Maximum number of participants allowed is 4 per team. The members from different colleges can form a team.
- Total time allotted for the event will be 20 minutes.
- Maximum of 2 timeouts are permitted, with each not exceeding 2 minutes. Each timeout will attract penalty.
- A 2 minutes penalty would be imposed on restart.
- The team members are not allowed to touch the bot during the course of run.
- Microprocessors used should not be more than 16 bit.
- Bot has to remain within the arena throughout the run.
- Hard-Coded Bots are not allowed in the competition.
- The participants will be provided with a 220V, 50 Hz AC power supply, and any other kind of power supply has to be arranged by the team itself.
- Rules are subjected to change.
- Decision of Team NSSC will be final and binding under all circumstances.
- Each team will be awarded 200 bonus points at the start of the run.
- 10 points will be awarded for clearing each level (T junction).
- 20 points will be awarded for stopping on the coloured marker.
- 20 points will be awarded for turning in the correct direction.
- 30 points will be awarded on reaching the end point.
- 10 points will be deducted each time the bot deviates from its path.
- 20 points will be deducted if the bot turns in the wrong direction on a coloured marker.
- 10 points will be deducted if the bot stops anywhere else other than in front of the room.
- 30 points will be deducted for each timeout.
- 50 points will be deducted for each restart.
- The Arena will be square of 4 meters side.
- Width of the white line will be 30 mm.
- The dimensions of the coloured markers will 60*60 mm.
- The markers will be of Green and Red colours only.
- The sound sources will be placed on the edge of the arena, aligned to the marker.
- Maximum set of dimensions allowed for the bot is 15*15*15 cubic cms [l*b*h*].
- In case the team is using a non-electric power supply, they get it approved from the organizers beforehand via email. Organizers will not be responsible for inconvenience if approval is not sought.
- The wires for the power supply should be at least 15 metres long.
- In all cases, any on-board power supply devices like batteries are to be included in the maximum dimension limit.
- Potential difference between any two points on the bot should not exceed 24 volts.
- The bot dimensions would be subject to 5% tolerance.
- The rules are subject to change.
- In case of disputes, the decision of team NSSC is final and binding in all circumstances.
- Top 3 teams will be awarded with the Certificate of Excellence for the event.
- Prize money worth 30,000 INR will be distributed amongst the winning teams.
- If the winning team fails to complete the task then they will be not eligible for Certificate of Excellence.
- Participation Certificate will be awarded to all the teams who are registered at the event arena with bots approved by the event manager.
- If all the participating teams fail to solve the problem statement then, only appreciation certificate(s) will be distributed to the teams demonstrating excellent performance.
- Tanishq Jasoria
- Ayushi Shakya